Photo Calendar Contest
STRIKE A POSE FOR AUTISM! Our second annual photo calendar contest is currently underway. The 2013 calendar, “The Many Faces of Autism” will feature an extraordinary compilation of unique and special children. The calendar is published to raise awareness and distributed as a means to raise funds for Hope for Three, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides resources and support to families and their children living with autism.
Photo submissions are accepted until September 16, 2012. Judging will take place September 17th – 28th and the winners will be announced the first week of October. This incredible 2013 calendar will be available for distribution mid to late October.
Terms and Conditions
Participants must register on line and are encouraged to e-mail or mail an original photo of their child(ren) diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders to: firstname.lastname@example.org to be entered into a contest for a 2013 calendar publication titled the “The Many Faces of Autism”. One (1) calendar cover winner and twelve (12) monthly assigned winners will be awarded. Calendar cover winner will be awarded a complimentary photo shoot by KIMBERLY OAKLEY PHOTOGRAPHY or a $250 cash price (winner’s choice). 12 monthly assigned winners are provided a complimentary calendar.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Blessed Be “Hope for Three” Inc. (“Sponsor”) Calendar Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States. Void in Puerto Rico. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Only children affected with autism or an autism spectrum disorder(s) may participate. Participants must provide proof of diagnosis from a doctor, agency or school with first photo submission. Family members and or employees of Sponsor may not participate in contest.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on June 4, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on September 16, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of several phases: 1) an image submission phase that begins at 12:00 a.m. CST on June 4, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on September 16, 2012 (the “Image Submission Phase”); and a judging phase that begins at 12:00 a.m. CST on September 17, 2012 and ends by 11:59 p.m. CST by September 28, 2012 (“Judging Phase”).
3. CONTEST SUBMISSION: Image Submission Phase: During the Promotion, participants may email (see Technical Specifications below): email@example.com or mail their submissions to:
Hope for Three Calendar Contest
10200 West Airport, Suite 100
Stafford, TX 77477
All submitted photographs will not be returned.
If mailing your photo(s), we suggest that you mail your submission with a proof of delivery method to ensure confirmation of delivery.
Participant and Photograph Requirements:
-Participant must be diagnosed on the spectrum and provide proof of diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.
-Must be between the ages of one (1) year and eighteen (18) years of age.
-Must adhere to all listed Technical Specifications set forth below.
-Must be the participant’s original photograph.
-Must not infringe on or violate any other person’s or entity’s rights, including any rights of privacy or publicity.
-Must comply with Content Restrictions listed below.
-Follow the instructions below to upload or mail your photograph. Any submission that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, and obscene or otherwise does not comply with the Content Restrictions set forth below, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall not be eligible and photograph will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late submissions.
Content Restrictions: The photograph must NOT contain:
-Nudity, lewd or vulgar behavior.
-Material that violates or infringes another persons rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright infringement.
-Brand names or trademarks.
-Photos of artwork from a professional source.
-Material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
-Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
-Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the photograph is created.
Failure of any photograph to comply with the above restrictions (collectively, the “Content Restrictions”), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall result in disqualification.
All submitted photographs will not be returned.
Technical Specifications: Participant must upload files of the photograph that comply with the following specifications:
-File size: under 4 MB
-Formats: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
-All images must be submitted in 300 dpi
Failure of any submission to comply with the above specifications, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall result in disqualification.
Each participant may enter a limit of five (5) photographs during the Contest Period. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and shall result in disqualification. Limit thirteen (13) winners for contest.
License: Participant retains ownership of the copyright in any submitted photographs. However, by entering photograph(s) in this Contest, participant grants Sponsor the non-exclusive irrevocable, perpetual right to edit, adapt, use and publish in any media now known or hereafter discovered any or all of the photographs without compensation to the participant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. ENTERING A SUBMISSION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S IRREVOCABLE ASSIGNMENT, CONVEYANCE, AND TRANSFERENCE TO SPONSOR OF THE FOREGOING RIGHTS. Photograph(s) shall be given attribution credit based on the name supplied with submission.
4. JUDGING PHASE: Judging Section: A panel of judges selected by Sponsor shall select one (1) calendar cover winner and twelve (12) monthly assigned winners from the photo submissions within fourteen (14) days of the end of Contest. Sponsor will be responsible for assigning placement of selected winners in calendar.
5. REQUIREMENTS OF CONTEST WINNERS: The winners shall be notified by email or telephone the week of October 1st – 5th, 2012 by Hope for Three personnel. Each winning participant’s legal parent guardian will be required to sign and notarize the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the chosen photograph shall be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Winners must comply with all contest rules as published. The potential prize winner will be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release within five (5) days from the date of notification if not currently on file. In the event that any potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to another participant as determined by the panel of judges. Winners agree to conduct any and all media interviews related to the Contest if requested and not disparage Sponsor during any such interviews. Failure to comply with this requirement for any reason or return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable shall result in forfeiture of any prize, and the prize may be awarded to the next participant as determined by the panel of judges. Acceptance of prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, address, city, state, likeness, photograph, and/or prize information for contextual purposes worldwide, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winner agrees to modify photograph in any way dictated by Sponsor. Winner must supply all necessary files in a format that complies with the Technical Specifications. These requirements apply to legal residents of the United States, void Puerto Rico.
6. WINNER(S): ONE (1) COVER WINNER and TWELVE (12) WINNERS: Winning photograph shall be used as the cover photo for the “The Many Faces of Autism” 2013 calendar and will be awarded a cash prize of $250 (two-hundred fifty dollars) or a complimentary photo shoot with KIMBERLY OAKLEY PHOTOGRAPHY. TWELVE (12) monthly assigned winners will be displayed in calendar and provided with a complimentary calendar. Date of publication to be determined by Sponsor. Photo shoot scheduling, details and specifications will be arranged and provided by KIMBERLY OAKLEY PHOTOGRAPHY and shall be mutually agreed upon between KIMBERLY OAKLEY PHOTOGRAPHY and winner. Photo shoot includes: One (1) hour outdoor session in Houston or surrounding area, and a complimentary 8×10 print ($250 value).
7. DISCLAIMER AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering or participating in the Contest, Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any submission or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the winner for the Contest, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Participants, by participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor, prize provider, all contest and advertising agencies, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and their respective successors and assigns (the “Indemnified Parties”), from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Contest; or their participation in the Contest; or the use of the photograph, including without limitation any claims relating to violations of the Content Restrictions. Winner also further acknowledges that the Indemnified Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize of this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. PERSONAL INFORMATION: The personal information collected through the Contest will be used for Contest and calendar publication only and will not be sold to any third party whatsoever.
9. RULES/WINNER LIST REQUESTS: To obtain these rules or for notification of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Hope for Three Calendar Contest, 10200 West Airport, Suite 100, Stafford, TX 77477. Requests for winner list must be received by October 31, 2012.
10. SPONSOR: Hope for Three, 10200 West Airport, Suite 100, Stafford, TX 77477
ADMINISTRATOR: Hope for Three, 10200 West Airport, Suite 100, Stafford, TX 77477
11. LAW AND VENUE: Except where prohibited, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of Texas, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and participant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts located in Fort Bend County, Texas.
Please click here to print the Affidavit of Eligibility and copy of contest rules.